Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about the Rural Cupboard Food Bank.

Do I have to show proof of income?

No - we do not make anyone show their source of income to access our Food Bank.  If you are in need of food, all we ask is that you show proof of residency in a rural community outside of Thunder Bay and ID for all residents you are collecting food for.

What areas do you serve?

We serve from Upsala to the USA border to Dorion.

What day are you open for service?

We are open for food distribution day on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, except December (it is the 2nd Wednesday of the month) from 9am-11am.

Can I have someone else pick up my food hamper on food distribution day?

Yes, as long as you give them a note that is signed by you with a number that we can contact you at to verify you've asked them to do this for you.  We are just trying to limit duplications.

What if I have food allergies?

We try to accommodate as much as possible during the intake and will make a note for the volunteers to try to not put those items into your food hamper.

Are you still open during Covid-19?

Yes, we have taken numerous steps to ensure the safety of our volunteers and clients so that we remain open and able to provide food for those in need.

What if I have other questions?

You can call our Food Bank phone number at (807) 285-0836, you can email us at, you can message us on Facebook, or you can send us a message through our website.